Roasted Capsicum Pasta
I love this pasta so much! You wouldn't guess it, but it is packed full of flavour and I find it just super wholesome.
What You Need:
- 3 Large Red Capsicums
- Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion
- 4-6 cloves Garlic (or as much as you desire, because I definitely use more than 4)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 cup Oat Milk
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- Chilli Flakes
- Pasta of choice.
- Italian Parsley (to serve)
How To Cook:
- Roast the red capsicums in a 180 degree oven, until charred – approx. 25-30 minutes.
- Cook pasta. Drain, toss in a touch of olive oil, cover with a towel and set aside.
- In a large fry pan, fry off the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft – add your Salt and Pepper and stir.
- Transfer the cooked onion and garlic toa blender with the roasted Capsicums, Oat Milk, Chilli Flakes and Nutritional Yeast. If you find the sauce too thin, use Cornstarch to thicken.
- Blend until creamy and smooth. be generous with more seasoning to really get a pubch of flavour.
- When blended, put the sauce back in the used fry pan. Once it reaches a simmer, reduce the heat and continue simmering.
- Wheb your sauce is at the consistency you prefer, add the cooked Pasta. And toss to coat.
- Serve with fresh Parsley or even Basil.